To provide a secure alternative for SMS-type messages (short information that expects a that quick. Response), Media Sourcery offers Secure text Messenger.
- Apple, Android and Browser support
- Native versions provide native user interfaces for multiple platforms.
- Cross-usability between versions allow mobile users to switch to a browser client when stationary with similar functionality.
- All users are authenticated
- Session timeout is set system wide.
- On-device protection of data
- iOS devices: data StM client receives from the server is stored into a local iOS DB for caching. That DB is stored using a setting called “NSFileProtectionComplete”, iOS highest level of on-device encryption.
- Android devices: data StM client receives from the server are stored into a local Android DB for caching.
- Browser clients: data StM client receives from the server is stored in the browser DOM.
- Transport layer encryption
- StM utilizes an SSL encrypted transport layer.
- PKI (forthcoming)
- If an extra layer of protection is desired, MSI’s PKI solution can be integrated to provide additional on-device encryption and include digital signatures.
- Notification and Escalation
- If user is not currently logged in to StM, user will be notified of new StM message by email or SMS
- System can be configured to provide escalation (again, email or SMS) if user does not “pick-up” text message within configured time period
- Escalation integration forthcoming.
- Audit trail, logging, reporting
- All transactions, including last status are reported.
- Non-encrypted data (including topic) visible in reporting.
- Message queuing when network is unavailable
- Integration into EMR through back end integration (add PHI conversations to patient record)
- Topic or additional metadata can be utilized to store patient conversations into patient record of EMR/EHR system.
- Directory integration
- StM can utilize external Active Directory to map to existing user entries
- StM can utilize its own directory to provide access to user not in Enterprise’ directory.
- Integration into other applications via Framework
- Cloud-based storage
- Mobile users can switch to a browser client when stationary with same list of conversations, and vice-versa.
For a summary of our products and solutions, click here.